16 Sales Statistics You Simply Can’t Ignore
The 62 experts who spoke at the Inside Sales Virtual Summit delivered a sales statistics extravaganza. Some of their data simply cannot be ignored.
We’ve compiled the most important sales stats just for you. They reveal how the sales game is changing, the power of social selling and some of the industry’s biggest challenges.
Dig into these mind-blowing facts and figures. You’ll be glad you did.
1. Only 5% of B2B sales teams consider social media an effective lead generation method.
(Ken Krogue: Top Lead Generation Methodologies for 2013)
2. Only 1/3 of sales reps are motivated and engaged at any given time.
(Mike Smalls: Creating a High-Performance Sales Culture)
3. 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created on the Web each day.
(Jason Garoutte: Does Big Data Know Your Next Customer Before You Do?)
4. 70% of all projects your prospects implement are unbudgeted and unfunded. If they can see a need, they’ll find the money.
(Steve Richard: Objection Handling 201)
5. The average order size of the companies you target with prospecting should be 5 to 10 times as large as the average size of the orders coming from inbound leads.
(Aaron Ross: Create Predictable, Scalable Sales Revenue)
6. Inside sales is growing 300% faster than outside sales.
(Dave Elkington: Inside Sales Market Update)
7. Only about 33% of buyers trust brands. But 92% of buyers trust recommendations from other buyers.
(Jill Rowley: The ABCs of Social Selling: Always Be Connecting)
8. Sales reps who challenge customers’ assumptions make up 54% of high performers in a complex sales environment, while only 4% of high performers are relationship builders.
(Matt Dixon: The Challenger Sale)
9. Buyers are between 60% to 90% finished with the buying process before they engage with sales, according to Forrester.
(Jon Miller: The Path to a Killer Marketing Strategy)
10. The average company spends $10,000 to $15,000 hiring an individual and only $2,000 a year in sales training.
(Trish Bertuzzi: Effective Onboarding: The Foundation of Success)
11. For every additional year a closer works for the same sales organization, deal size increases by 30%.
(Dave Elkington: Profiling for Profit)
12. 80% of prospects who eventually buy are originally marked as bad leads.
(Atri Chatterjee: Is Marketing the New Sales or Is Sales the New Marketing?)
13. Inside sales reps spend about 1/4 of their time generating leads and doing research.
(Barry Trailer: Casual Coaching Causes Crummy Commissions)
14. 74% of sales teams suffer from poor CRM adoption.
(James Rogers: Improving Sales in a Brave New World)
15. Only 13% of customers believe a salesperson can understand their needs.
(Josiane Feigon: Inside Sales to Overtake Field Sales by 2015: Are You Ready?)
16. Reps who use social selling are 50% more likely to meet or exceed their sales quota.
(Liz Gelb-O’Connor: Social Selling: Leverage the Power)
If you’re salivating for more fascinating sales statistics, we’ve got you covered. There are plenty more where these came from.
Get access to all of the information-packed presentations from the Inside Sales Virtual Summit by clicking the image below.
- Xant Team