How Inside Sales Reps Can Use PR to Help Drive Leads
Have you noticed something with remote sales? It’s becoming more social. As social media has taken a greater hold on our everyday routines, it makes sense that it has blended into the professional part of people’s lives too. For sales reps, knowing how to use social media for promotion and generating good content for leads is vital.
My job is in public relations, and part of that is to help promote XANT through social media and virtual events. A lot of what I do is applicable to sales reps, and I know some tricks that can help drive leads for them, too. Here are 6 ways to generate leads and feed those tire kickers!
- Live tweeting webinars is a great way to give free, high quality content to your clients and leads. Live tweeting encourages engagement and shows that a bot isn’t running your twitter account, giving you more credibility. People who are following the live tweet session can then favorite or retweet your tweets, which inceases your reach! Who doesn’t want that? Using hashtags while you live tweet might attract new leads as well. Don’t let social opportunities like this pass you by!
- Creating good content for your blog is another way to put yourself out there and help educate your clients and silent lurkers (leads and tire kickers). Become involved with your company blog, post on your own, or both! Writing blogs shows you’re an expert in a specific field and as people come to know you through your writing and advice, they’ll want to talk to you on the phone about your product. Make sure to enable social media buttons on the blog so readers can share your content with others.
- Writing and translating webinars for online consumption can increase your online presence, especially as people share what you’ve written on social media. Putting those webinars into print allows you to share them with people who may have missed out, allowing for a larger audience than before.
- Writing eBooks and cheat sheets adds even more credibility than before if you take advantage of creating content for those who subscribe to your blog or follow you on social media. eBooks can be created from webinars or subjects that you are really knowledgeable about. Using eBooks is a tremendous tool when it comes to educating leads and showing how you’re an industry thought leader.
- Writing case studies about clients who have found your products useful and have seriously benefited from them is one way to add to your growing sales resume. Writing about where the client was before they started using your product and how it has helped them after (sprinkled with testimonials and quotes from the client) can really show how you’re company is legitimate, and how you as a sales rep have helped them.
- Social sharing and promoting good content (not necessarily always your own work) will be appreciated by those who follow you and attract new leads. Try sharing sales tips and promote products from other prominent thought leaders. Make sure to tweet or share information that people will find useful.
As a sales rep it’s important to keep current with the ways people communicate. With the growing dependency on the internet it makes perfect sense to adapt to social media. It might take some time, but growing an online presence where people can find good content on your industry and products you sell can really boost your sales.
How do you use social media to promote your company and awesome products or services? Let us know in the comment box below!
Free eBook: The Ultimate Revenue Engine
Learn how to dramatically increase revenue by combining sales and marketing automation.
The post How Inside Sales Reps Can Use PR to Help Drive Leads appeared first on XANT.
- Xant Team