How the Science of Mental Preparation Can Help You Succeed w/Daniel McGinn @Harvard Business Review
Dan McGinn is the author of Psyched Up: How the Science of Mental Preparation Can Help You Succeed. The book focuses on the topic of science and mental preparation. Stress can effect everybody and people in sales are certainly not immune. Unlike athletes, sales leaders often do little mental preparation before big meetings or events but there is a lot of research suggesting that people who engage in certain behaviors before stressful activities or high-stakes performances perform better. The book highlights such activities as listening to motivational songs, having a routine, or performing a certain set of actions as great ways to get psyched up.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How athletes use mental preparation to to get prepared
- Examples of how other professionals find ways to get prepared for big events
- The research showing how mental preparedness can make the difference between success and failure
- How you can start practice your own routine to get psyched up
Links and Resources Related to This Episode:
- Psyched Up (The Book)
- Daniel McGinn LinkedIn
- 116: The Three Value Conversations That Can Change Everything
Subscribe to the Playmaker Podcast here:
The post How the Science of Mental Preparation Can Help You Succeed w/Daniel McGinn @Harvard Business Review appeared first on InsideSales.
- Xant Team