How to Add $1 Million to Your Sales Pipeline in Less Than 90 Days w/James Carbary @Sweet Fish Media
Prospecting is one of the toughest jobs in sales and many reps and companies are confused about how to best approach this difficult task. James Carbary and Sweetfish Media have the answer. In this episode, James Carbary discusses his 12-step process to help companies perform targeted prospecting and marketing to achieve revenue goals through setting up and optimizing your very own podcast.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- Step 1 – Prospecting – Being creative enough and disciplined enough to generate content is hard. James’ approach to this obstacle is to let us others create content for you by allowing guests to choose the topic and share their content.
- Step 2 – Outreach – People rarely answer email especially when it’s cold. People almost always answer when reaching out and asking people to participate in an industry leading podcast. It’s mutually beneficial to you and your prospect. The key is to keep the reach out simple and don’t overcomplicate it.
- Step 3 – Follow Up – Don’t get frustrated if after initial contact you have to reschedule multiple times. People are busy. Find a way to automate your follow-up to ensure you don’t drop the ball on your end.
- Step 4 – Guest Chooses Topic – Don’t send emails back and forth trying to debate and discuss a topic. Simply allow your guest to choose the topic. They are an expert at their craft and normally have many topics they are passionate about.
- Step 5 – Schedule – Getting a time on both people’s calendar is never easy. Email ping pong sucks. Use a tool like Calendly and it will change your life. You also need to realize you’re dealing with busy people so James’ recommends keeping your sessions short.
- Step 6 – Prep – James’ recommends that you don’t prep over email but take 5 min before you actually record each interview to have a “pre-call” with your guest. During this session, discuss 3-5 points regarding their topic. This is important as it’s better to structure during your interview that just wing it.
- Step 7 – Record – There are a lot of programs you could use to record sessions but is your best bet. Keep your interviews short. James’ recommends 12-15 minutes.
- Step 8 – Schedule – Once complete make sure you take the time to clean up the audio and then upload it to an audio podcast hosting service like Libsyn. Don’t forget about show notes!
- Step 9 – Notify – Once the episode is live, send the information to your guest so they can share it with their networks. This helps broaden your reach and continue to build your following.
- Step 10 – Repurpose – You have great content sitting in an audio file. It would be a shame not to take that audio and repurpose it into a well-formatted blog post or some other medium.
- Step 11 – Promote – Promote, promote, promote! Make sure you get the episode out there with great visuals, quote images, and solid headlines.
- Step 12 – Initiate – Now, the most important step. You have to initiate the sales conversation after each episode goes live. You’ve interacted with this person multiple times over phone and email and now it’s time to turn that relationship into revenue.
Links and Resources Related to This Episode:
Subscribe to the Playmaker Podcast here:
The post How to Add $1 Million to Your Sales Pipeline in Less Than 90 Days w/James Carbary @Sweet Fish Media appeared first on InsideSales.
- Xant Team