The Forgotten Road to Inside Sales Success — Campaigns
The most forgotten part of inside sales is the practice of sales operations. In order to help professionals within inside sales, I wanted to expound upon a previous post on the C.L.O.S.E.R. model and delve deeper into how it can help any sales department refocus their operations in building a successful inside sales team. I’ll start by sharing the first step of the C.L.O.S.E.R. model — Campaign.
The word campaign is usually associated with the marketing department – it’s designed to be. What’s interesting is Inside sales is actually the top method for lead generation. We recommend that your sales people are trained with marketing tools to help them be more effective by building a strong strategy around a particular campaign. The types of campaigns for sales teams are as follows:
- Just Ask – Simply ask if your lead would be interested. “Are you in the market for our product within this time frame?”
- Toe in the Door – Speak for 15-20 seconds by introducing yourself and setting up your hook with compelling information. After you have created some credibility ask, “Do you have a few minutes to hear what we have to offer?”
- Connection –This can turn a “No” into a “Maybe.” If the decision maker is very busy, try asking, “Would it be okay with I connect with you on LinkedIn so we can stay connected and find a better time to talk?”
- Time Share – This model consists of a bribe or incentive for a prospect to come hear your sales pitch. Often they will pre-qualify leads that are eligible to come and there must be a determined budget established.
- Stadium Pitch – This approach is the complete opposite of the Time Share model. Instead of offering a bribe, you offer industry information that is interesting and compelling.
After you have set up what type of campaign you would like to center your strategy around, you can then move onto the next step in the model – Lists and Leads.
Watch this webinar explaining the Campaign element of the C.L.O.S.E.R. model in more detail. Pay particular attention to 5:20 to 14:02.
Free Whitepaper: Impression Marketing – The Art of Inside Sales
Gain access to 10 steps for quadrupling inside sales results!
The post The Forgotten Road to Inside Sales Success — Campaigns appeared first on InsideSales.
- Xant Team